Recipe by zeldaz51
My favorite version, from Francis Moore Lappe's classic, "Diet for a Small Planet". Prep time is soaking time.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups bulgur
- 3⁄4 cup cooked beans (white or garbanzo)
- 1 1⁄2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup minced fresh mint leaves or 3⁄4 cup additional parsley
- 3⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over bulgur, cover, and let stand until light and fluffy, about 2 hours. Shake in a strainer and squeeze out excess water. Combine it with the remaining ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve on raw grape, lettuce, or cabbage leaves.