Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Lebanese friend shared his recipe with me. I especially love this salad with grilled salmon.
- 3⁄4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 bunches fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Soak bulgur in water for 1 hour.
- Squeeze bulgur to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, place bulgur, parsley, onions, tomato, lemon juice, oil and salt.
- ****I use coarse gray sea salt when preparing this recipe and it is not salty. Perhaps you may want to cut down on the salt if you use table salt.
Simple, but WAY too much salt. I nearly died! It does make a wonderful accompaniment to Salmon, but I suggest a half tsp. of salt.