Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When you just want something different.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat or 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari or shoyu)
- Place bulgur wheat in mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over bulgur, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Fluff with fork. While grain cools, chop vegies. Add parsley, scallions, cucumber, tomato and mint to cooled bulgur. Toss gently. Blend lemon juice, oil and soy sauce. Pour over bulgur. Toss. Can serve now or serve chilled.