Recipe by Healthy,Please!
This recipe is from E*rcps... I've enjoyed making this and its fairly easy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 2 count scallions, including green leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur, cracked wheat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the bulgar several times and then soak it in cold water for twenty minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves. Use only the parsley leaves and try not to use many parsley stems.
- Finely chop the fresh mint.
- Chop the spring onions into 1/4" lengths.
- Dice the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Put the drained bulgar and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, allspice, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, and parsley to the bowl.
- Taste for seasoning and add additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper if necessary.
- Mix well.
- If possible, cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for a few hours or over night. Mix periodically. This will provide a more flavorful dish.