Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
My mom's tabouli recipe that has been tweaked - the tabouli was a year long work in progress! The first picture is of the recipe prior to the major tweak - and it wasn't my favorite. Now, with the improved recipe, I could literally live off this stuff - especially when I pare it with Mom's Spanakopita or spread it in my My Favorite Sandwich - Middle Eastern Style!
- 118.29 ml Bulgar wheat (even a third would work)
- 473.18 ml water or 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finley chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, finley chopped
- 1182.95 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 354.88 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bulgar wheat in 2 cups of water or chicken broth let soak overnight or use boiling water and let soak 1 hour.
- Rinse and drain wheat in tea strainer and pour in large bowl.
- Add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add chopped veggies, mix well, cover.
- Refrigerate 3 hours, stirring a few times.
- Serve with pita bread.