Recipe by chef FIFI
Healthy and delicious middle eastern salad. Tabouli is a very simple salad that call for very little ingredients, but amazingly big on flavor.This salad is a delicious companion for everything from barbeques to baked chicken e.t.c.These measurements are to taste and may modified to suit your personal preference.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Very good & seemed very authentic to me. I made this gluten free by using cooked quinoa instead of the bulgar. I used fresh mint and freshly squeezed lemon juice depending on the size of your onions I think they can or should be cut down to taste. It is just about our favorite tabbouleh. May make again.
- 2 bunches fresh parsley (flat leaf preferrably)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 tomatoes (med to large in size)
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄3 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup lemon juice (to suit personal taste, I usually just squeeze the lemon and adjust it according to my taste, not me)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mint (dried or fresh)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sumaq
- salt (personal choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl add bulgar wheat and let soak in approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of very hot water for about 10-15 minutes or until water is soaked up and bulgar and puffed up.
- If after bulgar has puffed up and soften there is still water left, just discard water and squeeze bulgar to get rid of any excess water.
- This step is very important!First three ingredients must be minced very finely.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients together and stir well.
- If the salad seems dry even though flavorful, either add a bit more lemon juice if in need or a few tbsp of water, then adjust salt e.t.c per taste.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 1 hour for the flavors to meld.