Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by one of my Armenian employees years ago. It differs from other tabouli recipes in that it has no mint and adds chopped black olives.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat (#1, if you have a choice on the grind)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 bunches parsley
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Pour boiling water over bulgar.
- Cover and let sit until water is absorbed (time will depend on how fine the grind is).
- To prepare parsley, wash, pull leaves off the largest parts of the stem, discarding the stems.
- Spin or pat the leaves to remove excess water, and chop finely. (I use a Pampered Chef chopper).
- Dice tomatoes.
- Combine bulgar, chopped parsley, diced tomatoes, and chopped olives in large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour dressing over other tabouli ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
I loved it and will make it again. I did add 8 green onions and a cucumber because of others i have had