Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
We like to serve this alongside hummus, falafel and pita bread for a light, healthy lunch
- 3⁄4 cup fine grain Bulgar wheat
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion, very finely minced
- 2 cups parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Soak the bulgar in a large bowl of warm water for one hour.
- take the seeds and core out of the peeled tomato and dice them very small. set aside for about an hour (do this while you soak the wheat so they are both ready at the same time).
- Line a mesh colander with a heavy paper towel, or a dishtowel and drain the wheat into it. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Now drain the tomato of any water it has collected.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
A simple, delicious and easy to make 5 star dish. I served it with lamb curry, raitha and mango chutney.. everybody loved it :)
Perfect tabouleh! This is almost exactly how I was taught to make it when I lived in Lebanon. I think the keys are using plenty of bulgar, adding more lemon than olive oil and being generous with the salt. Also, I let the bulgar drain overnight, Thanks so much UmmIbrahim for posting this delicious version.
SoooOoOoO Good! Loved this dish, made it just as written. I served it with some Lavash and Hummus and it took it to a whole other level! It was magnificient. HIGHLY reccomended!