- 1 cup cracked bulgur wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup scallion (both white and green portions, chopped)
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the bulgur thoroughly, drain, add the water and let stand until the water is absorbed by the bulgur [about an hour].
- On a large platter arrange the romaine lettuce. Each leaf should be separated and lined around the outside of the platter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well (the amount of peppers to your own taste). Add the bulgur when the water has been absorbed. Mix. Mound mixture in the center of the platter and eat by scooping up the tabooleh with the romaine leaves.