1/1 Photo of Tableside Guacamole
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
Indulge and impress your guests with the perfect guacamole made to order right at the table by their very own "Guacamoliere" (YOU!!!)... you'll be known as the guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients right in front of their eyes!!! If you want to get real daring, have a shot of Tequila ready to add to the other ingredients. Have all the ingredients that need to be diced, minced, and chopped already prepared and ready in separate, pretty little bowls, along with a larger bowl to do the mixing. (TIP: You may want to practice with your family, before putting on the "show" in front of company. Once you have it perfected, your performance should only be a couple of minutes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gather all the ingredients together on a small table or T.V. tray in front of your guests.
- 2Begin by slicing each avocado in half lengthwise with a medium-sized kitchen knife. Hold one avocado half in the palm of your hand with the pit facing up. Strike the avocado pit with the blade of the knife , twist the knife and pry out the pit; discard the pit. Score the flesh of the avocado with the knife into large dice cubes. Repeat with the other avocado halves with the pits, then score the remaining avocado halves in the same way.
- 3Using a large spoon, remove the flesh of the avocados from the skins to a large bowl. Discard the skins. Once all the avocado halves have been "peeled", gently mash using a fork and spoon. (Do NOT over-mash -- guacamole should have delicious lumps of avocado in each bite.).
- 4Slice the lime in half or quarter it and squeeze the juice over the mashed avocado. (Along with adding flavor, the lime juice helps preserve the color of the avocado.).
- 5Add the remaining, prepared ingredients and mix. (If you aren't making the guacamole tableside, but ahead, wait until just prior to serving to add the tomatoes.).
- 6Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite vegetables. Dip and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tableside Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.9
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g