Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice treat for kitty. Clearly mine are spoiled!
- 170.09 g canof chunk solid white tuna packed in water
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs (chicken is best but italian flavored works too)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drain the tuna.
- Melt the butter and mix with the bread crumbs until they are lumpy.
- In small bowl mix together by hand the tuna, flour, and bread crumb mixture.
- When well mixed roll into small 1/2 inch balls and place on foil covered cooking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. I occasionally cut these in half for the baby cat. Leftover may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
OK, Bart just taste tested these and now he is snuffling all around the computer keyboard looking for more. He can't believe only ONE delictable delightful cat treat fell out of the sky near his nose! He has given up looking and is now cleaning his whole body after eating the yummy cat treat. Boy, is he going to be happy when he finds out I made a whole batch, but I needed to be able to give it stars, and it gets a BIG 5 stars from Bart. The other two cats are snoozing but they will get to taste test later too. THANKS!!
I actually wasn't looking for a recipe to make for my fuzzheads, but this was too cute and easy to pass up! I made this with canned chicken. 1 gobbled the cakes right down and the other sniffed and walked away. I'm pleased that at least one of them enjoyed it!
great idea, but i must have the pickest cats around, neither one would eat them. Just sniffed and walked away. I am rating this a 4 cause i am sure they were good, but like i said my cats must be very picky.