1/13 Photos of Tabbouli / Tabouli / Tabbouleh Salad (Parsley Salad)
Chef floWer's Note:
A Lebanese friend showed me how to make this back in 1996. It's my mother-in-laws favourite salad and I normally make it on request specially for her. I prefer flat leaf fresh parsley (also known as Italian Parsley) as it's better texture but curly leaf is alright. I normally buy the parsley and spring onions from the supper market prepacked bunches so if your measurements are slightly more or less it's alright, it doesn't have to be exact. The bourghul also soaks a lot of the moisture and I like Tabbouli to be moist not dried that's why there is a lot of lemons and olive oil. Like everything we cook it's all about the palate and who we are cooking for so if you choose to put less oil and lemons then it's ok. Salt and black pepper to taste, so feel free to add less but not to much. The secret to good Tabbouli is that everything should be finely chopped. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g fresh Italian parsley (This is about 2 bunches) or 150 g flat leaf parsley (This is about 2 bunches) or 150 g fresh parsley, finely chopped. (This is about 2 bunches)
- 6 spring onions (About 1 bunch) or 6 green onions, finely chopped (About 1 bunch)
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 lemons, juice of (Freshly Squeeze)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup bulgur (Also know as bourghul in Australia which is cracked wheat) or 1 cup burghul (Also know as bourghul in Australia which is cracked wheat)
- 1 cup water, boiled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Add one cup of boiled water and one cup of bourghul (bulgur) in a small bowl and mix. Place a tea towel over the bowl so the steam is unable to escape. Set aside until cool.
- 2Finely chop the parsley, spring onions and tomatoes and place them into your separate large salad bowl.
- 3Juice all the fresh lemons and pour it over the salad mixture. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt in the salad mixture. Mix well.
- 4Place over the cool bourghul and mix well.
- 6Refrigerate any left overs for about 2-3 days.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouli / Tabouli / Tabbouleh Salad (Parsley Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g