1/1 Photo of Tabbouleh Wrapped in Romaine Leaves
You can skip the preserved lemons(the salad will be just as good)! But be adventurous! Take time to finely cut all the vegies (confettied)! Serve as an appetizer, salad, side dish or main meal.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 2 cups finely chopped scallions
- 4 cups finely chopped super-ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons crushed dried spearmint
- 2 tablespoons preserved lemons, rinsed and minced peel and pulp
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup whole fresh peas (or 1/2 c.each) or 1 cup chickpeas (or 1/2 c.each)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- olive (to garnish)
- feta cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- the inner romaine leaf (for filling if desired or eat straight up!)
- 1Soak bulgur wheat in boiling water to cover by 1/2 inch for 20 to 40 minutes and then place in sieve to drain.
- 2Shorter time the more chewy the bulgur.
- 3Combine minced onion with allspice, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Add parsley, scallions, tomatoes, fresh and dried spearmint and preserved lemons.
- 5Add cucumber peas and or chickpeas.
- 6Gently fold in the soaked or rinsed wheat.
- 7Stir lemon juice and oil together and stir into salad.
- 8Refrigerate to chill before serving.
- 9Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
- 10Garnish with Olives and feta cheese.
- 11Surround salad with small romaine leaves.
- 12Use them to scoop up the salad.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouleh Wrapped in Romaine Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 477.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: