Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Deliciously different Lebanese salad.
- 1 cup medium bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fresh sorrel, coarsely chopped (or flat leaf parsley)
- 3⁄4 cup of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Place bulgur in medium bowl. Stir in boiling water, cover and let stand 35-45 minutes. Squeeze out & discard remaining liquid.
- Transfer bulgur large bowl and toss with sorrel, mint, tomatoes, radish slices, cucumbers, scallions, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with crumbled feta.
Excellent colorful salad, went over extremely well at a last week's Raw Food Potluck! I was pleased with a bonus small fall crop of my Sorrel, so made this recipe as written, excepting I used some of my own dried mint instead of the fresh which couldn't be found at local Whole Foods Market. I've since made it again, using raw spinach to replace the sorrel which also was good and totally acceptable and also more available year around than sorrel. I did add a bit of cilantro to replace the lemony zing of the sorrel, and found it be be yummy. I suspect any green would work well, and will try some kale next time. Thanks for the recipe! Sandy