Recipe by Chef Luma
A nice simple Tabouleh salad
Top Review by it's not easy being green
this was my first attempt at making tabouleh, and it turned out great! i got non-stop compliments on it, and it is so easy to do. i will no longer be spending $4 for a small container of second-rate store bought stuff. i made a half batch, and followed the recipe exactly. thanks chef luma!
- 2 -3 bunches fresh curly-leaf parsley, stems removed and chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, picked and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 1 tablespoon salt (sea or kosher, or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak Bulgur wheat in 3 cups boiling water for 1 hour then dry with cheese cloth or towel.
- combine the parsley, onion, tomatoes and mint in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and add to the salad.
- Mix well then cover and place in the refridgerator for several hours (the longer the better) overnight is best. Stir well before serving.