Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice simple Tabouleh salad
- 2 -3 bunches fresh curly-leaf parsley, stems removed and chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, picked and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 1 tablespoon salt (sea or kosher, or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Soak Bulgur wheat in 3 cups boiling water for 1 hour then dry with cheese cloth or towel.
- combine the parsley, onion, tomatoes and mint in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and add to the salad.
- Mix well then cover and place in the refridgerator for several hours (the longer the better) overnight is best. Stir well before serving.
this was my first attempt at making tabouleh, and it turned out great! i got non-stop compliments on it, and it is so easy to do. i will no longer be spending $4 for a small container of second-rate store bought stuff. i made a half batch, and followed the recipe exactly. thanks chef luma!
This is a wonderful Tabouli salad I added 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic, just because I love garlic,and this recipe was great! Thanks for the recipe!