Recipe by Sharon123
A very refreshing summer salad! For a heartier version, try adding chickpeas and feta cheese! Adapted from Sage Kitchen. You can cut this recipe in half easily.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat (cracked wheat)
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (orange, green or red)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nasturtium leaves or 1⁄2 cup fresh edible flower
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons allspice, ground
- 6 whole nasturtium fresh edible flowers, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, cooked (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bulgar in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, and let it sit until the water is absorbed.
- Mix parsley, mint, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, green onions & nasturtiums in a salad bowl.
- Stir in the softened bulgar and set aside.
- For the dressing, mix lemon juice, olive oil & allspice in a separate bowl, and then pour over the salad.
- Garnish with whole Nasturtium flowers and serve.