Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This popular and very healthy Middle Eastern salad includes some chopped walnuts, for a little different twist. Serve the salad with pita bread wedges. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup fine grain Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled seeded and diced cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley (Italian) or 1 cup flat leaf parsley (Italian)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine bulgur and water in medium bowl.
- Set aside 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to bulgur.
- Mix well.
- Stir in cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, green onions, mint, walnuts, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally while chilling.
- Serve in small chilled salad bowls or ramekins, garnished with a little extra parsley around the edges.