Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tabbouleh Salad sometimes called Tabouli Salad is a very refreshing salad for the palate. It has lots of great parsley in it (which by the way acts as a breath freshener) as well as an appetizer. Nita Holleman, 2003
- 236.59 ml Bulgar wheat
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 stalk fresh celery (ribs)
- 0-1 vidalia onions or 0-1 other sweet onion
- 1 fresh spring green onion, scallions
- 0 fresh bell pepper
- 1 medium fresh carrot
- 1-2 cucumber
- 1-2 fresh tomato
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46-4.92 ml table salt or 2.46-4.92 ml kosher salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 78.07 ml oil or 78.07 ml mild olive oil
- 78.07 ml apple cider vinegar
- Cover bulgur wheat (cracked wheat) with boiling water.
- Allow to soak covered about one (1) hour Meanwhile: Wash, remove stems and finely chop 1 bunch fresh parsley; Scrape or break to remove strings, wash and finely chop pieces/ribs fresh celery; Peel, rinse and finely chop onion; Peel, rinse and finely slice Green Onions (Scallions); Seed and chop finely bell pepper; Scrape, rinse and grate carrot; Peel, rinse, seed and chop cucumbers; Rinse, peel, seed and chop tomatoes; Crush, peel and finely mince garlic.
- Combine and set above vegetables aside.
- Combine: sugar; salt; black pepper; paprika.
- Lightly beat together: oil; Vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat together until blended well.
- Drain water from the bulgur wheat.
- Squeeze it with clean hands to remove more water.
- Drain well.
- Mix the bulgur wheat, vegetable mixture and toss with the dressing.
- Chill thoroughly or overnight.