Nita Holleman's Note:
Tabbouleh Salad sometimes called Tabouli Salad is a very refreshing salad for the palate. It has lots of great parsley in it (which by the way acts as a breath freshener) as well as an appetizer. Nita Holleman, 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 stalks fresh celery (ribs)
- 1/4-1/2 vidalia onions or 1/4-1/2 other sweet onion
- 1 fresh spring green onion, scallions
- 1/4 fresh bell pepper
- 1 medium fresh carrot
- 1 -2 cucumber
- 1 -2 fresh tomato
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon table salt or 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup oil or 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1Cover bulgur wheat (cracked wheat) with boiling water.
- 2Allow to soak covered about one (1) hour Meanwhile: Wash, remove stems and finely chop 1 bunch fresh parsley; Scrape or break to remove strings, wash and finely chop pieces/ribs fresh celery; Peel, rinse and finely chop onion; Peel, rinse and finely slice Green Onions (Scallions); Seed and chop finely bell pepper; Scrape, rinse and grate carrot; Peel, rinse, seed and chop cucumbers; Rinse, peel, seed and chop tomatoes; Crush, peel and finely mince garlic.
- 3Combine and set above vegetables aside.
- 4Combine: sugar; salt; black pepper; paprika.
- 5Lightly beat together: oil; Vinegar.
- 6Add the dry ingredients and beat together until blended well.
- 7Drain water from the bulgur wheat.
- 8Squeeze it with clean hands to remove more water.
- 9Drain well.
- 10Mix the bulgur wheat, vegetable mixture and toss with the dressing.
- 11Chill thoroughly or overnight.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouleh Salad Ala Nita
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g