Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
NUTRITION INFO (per 3/4-cup serving) Calories: 274.9 Fat: 13.9 g Carbohydrates: 35.6 g Protein: 6.3 g Peppery parsley balanced by sweet, tangy mint. From SparkPeople.com
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, minced
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh mint, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to full boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add bulgur, cover with tight fitting lid, and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain excess water.
- Add remaining ingredients to bulgur.
I made it just like the recipe and it came out delicious.
Very authentic recipe! Tastes just like my Mother's did. Thank you for posting!