Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cold summer salad. Best I've managed to locate so far!
- 1 cup cracked bulgur wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 lettuce leaves
- parsley (to garnish)
- In medium bowl, combine bulgur wheat and boiling water. Let stand 1 hr, until tender. Place in sieve and drain well.
- Return to bowl and stir in celery, onion, tomato, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, oil and mint.
- Chill 2 hrs until flavors blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish.
- If desired, serve tabbouli in tomato cups (scoop pulp out of tomatoes and use the cup as a bowl).
Made for a potluck party. Used green onions. No mint. Everything else pretty much to recipe. Delicious!