Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is a typical summer salad and very "refreshing" thanks to the peppermint. Serve as one dish or side dish to BBQ.
- 2 cups bulgur
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 300 g parsley
- 75 g peppermint extract
- 3 lemons
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 green olives
- Boil up 2 cups of bulgur in 4 cups of water, let it simmer for 15 minutes, then let it cool down.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces, the onions into slices.
- Chop parsley and peppermint and mix it with tomatoes and onions.
- Add bulgur, juice of 3 lemons, olive oil and olives.
- Taste with pepper and salt.
- Use fourth lemon for decoration.
- Optional: taste with chili if you like it spicy.
First of all, the bulgur shouldn't be boiled!It should be added at the end, just like it is! And usually, olives are not added!