Recipe by mersaydees
This is from BH&G's Low Calorie magazine, Spring 1986 issue. The intro says, "Tabbouleh, Middle Eastern in origin, is made with bulgur, a wheat product." I confess that I love this salad!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or salad oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaf, for serving on
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water; combine with bulgur and let stand 1 hour. Drain well; squeeze out excess water.
- Place prepared bulgur in salad bowl and add peas and cheese.
- In separate small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, dillweed, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, mixing well. Gently toss into bulgur mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices on lettuce-lined plates; top with bulgur mixture.