Recipe by lindseylcw
Classic fresh herb and couscous salad with a few additions - please trust me on the amount of lemon juice it does work!
Top Review by mrfusion
I replaced one lemon with the zest and juice of an orange then added two tsp of Ras El Hanout (moroccan spice) to the juice before mixing it with the couscous.
Then added 1/2 cup mixed chopped raisins and apricots and 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds.
Not that it needed changing just couldn't help myself it's a fusion thing :-)
- 2 cups couscous
- 6 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup very fine dice onion
- 1⁄2 cup fine dice cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup fine dice tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fine dice salami
- 1⁄4 cup fine chopped cilantro
- 1 cup fine chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fine chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak couscous in lemon juice until centre of grain is soft, should at least double in quantity. Should be enough lemon juice to just coat each grain.
- Add onion and salt and pepper and allow to stand for few minutes, minimum.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well, best if served at room temp and left for a few hours.
- Great next day but herbs will look a bit sad!
- Great served with rich meats or any rich dish that needs the zap of the lemon to refresh the palate.