Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love traditional tabbouleh, but I also like this option because my gluten-sensitive friends can enjoy it too. The more traditional tabbouleh recipes have a smaller amount of grain (bulgur) and the salad is mostly parsley. I am trying to find ways to incorporate more whole grains in my diet, so I have increased the proportion of grain to parsley, so that they are more even.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, diced
- 5 scallions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups parsley, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Mix cucumber, scallions, parsley, tomatoes and brown rice.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, mint, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill at least an hour, or overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.