Tabbouleh - Armenian Cracked Wheat Salad
- Soak bulgur in cold water to cover, for an hour or so.
- Squeeze out the water with hands and mix with other ingredients except oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix with olive oil, lemon juice and salt, using proportions agreeable to your taste.
- It is important that vegetables be minced very fine.
- Serve in a bowl or dish surrounded with Romaine leaves or fresh tender grape leaves.
- The leaves are used to scoop up the salad.
- Prepare the mixture early enough so flavors blend.