Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This goes excellent with Armenian Shish-Kabob! An awesome salad that's truly a taste sensation!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced fine
- 1 bunch scallion, minced fine
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and peeled, if desired chopped fine
- 1 bunch of fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (pure or substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Soak bulgur in cold water to cover, for an hour or so.
- Squeeze out the water with hands and mix with other ingredients except oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix with olive oil, lemon juice and salt, using proportions agreeable to your taste.
- It is important that vegetables be minced very fine.
- Serve in a bowl or dish surrounded with Romaine leaves or fresh tender grape leaves.
- The leaves are used to scoop up the salad.
- Prepare the mixture early enough so flavors blend.
Just like my recipe except I don't put the mint. Excellent wiht pita bread.
Good recipe. My husband enjoyed it. Very refreshing. I added radishes to mine. Thanks,