1/6 Photos of Tabbouleh a La Paula Wolfert
Chef Kate's Note:
The spices make this version of the Lebanese salad special--and it's important to use good olive oil and lots of fresh lemon juice. Prep time does not include overnight soaking of the bulgur and herb mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fine grain Bulgar wheat
- 8 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh sorrel leaf, shredded (optional)
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and finely diced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1Pick over the bulgur and place in a fine sieve; shake to remove any dust and place in cold water to soak briefly.
- 2In a good sized mixing bowl, combine the scallions, herbs, cucumber, spices, oil and lemon juice.
- 3Drain the bulgur and squeeze by hand to remove any moisture.
- 4Immediately add to the bowl and mix well.
- 5Add salt to taste, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Before serving, mix in tomatoes and additional salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouleh a La Paula Wolfert
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g