Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tabbouleh in the middle east has much more parsley than bulgur, unlike versions in the west. I make it without the optional olive oil and garlic, but they are usually used. You can add more or less ingredients to suit your taste. SOURCE: Me :)
- 1656.13 ml finely minced fresh parsley (1 large bunch)
- 314.66 ml finely minced tomatoes
- 44.37-59.16 ml finely minced red onions
- 22.18-29.58 ml bulgur
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil (optional)
- 1-1 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Parsley, tomatoes and onions must be finely minced.
- Combine the parsley, tomatoes, and onions.
- Prepare the bulgur as specified on the package; cool completely and add to the parsley mixture.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add the lemon mixture to the salad, mix and refrigerate till serving.
- Tabbouleh should be eaten within two days.
I am so excited! I have been wanting to make Tabouleh, but all of the recipe have waaayyyy to much bulgar. I was taught how to make it by some Lebanese friends who used very little bulgar and it is sooo much better!! I omitted the olive oil (I add it to my serving) and used the garlic (cause I am a sucker for it) it was excellent, my favorite filling for a warm pita drizzled with olive oil and paprika! Thank you Thank you!
This is nothing short of outstanding! I tried it with and without garlic and I prefer it with, though it's delicious either way. Very authentic unlike others I've tried. I'm submitting a couple of pictures where you'll see that I've added probably more bulgur than required, but I have this bad habit of tweaking every recipe. You're a pro... thank you so much, Najwa. Now I'd better go so I can get back to that bowl of tabouleh! تبولة
Good tabbouleh! I used a shallot instead of red onion (I discovered, last minute, that I was out of red onion), and I included the optional olive oil and garlic. I used only 1 1/2 tb. bulgur, and I'll probably use a bit more next time. Thanks for sharing this fresh-tasting salad recipe!