1 hr 10 mins
a light and refreshing middle eastern salad. Goes well with Hummus and Falafel, or just by it self. Be liberal with the lemon juice and oil, its really a matter of taste. I prefer my tabbouleh to be really soggy with more lemon juice than oil. Start off adding 1 tablespoon at a time until you're satisfied.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1soak the bulgur wheat in water for at least 1 hour, and add more water as needed (make sure the water is covering the grains, as they will soak up moisture).
- 2When bulgur is ready, drain well and put in salad bowl.
- 3Finely chop parsley, add to bowl.
- 4Chop cucumbers, remove seeds from tomato and chop finely.
- 5Chop the green onion finely.
- 6Add all the ingredients to the salad bowl.
- 7Add olive oil, lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- 8Roast pine nuts over frying pan, and sprinkle on top of salad.
- 9Add fresh mint, optional.
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouleh
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g