Recipe by Mizzy
a light and refreshing middle eastern salad. Goes well with Hummus and Falafel, or just by it self. Be liberal with the lemon juice and oil, its really a matter of taste. I prefer my tabbouleh to be really soggy with more lemon juice than oil. Start off adding 1 tablespoon at a time until you're satisfied.
- 2 (2 ounce) packages parsley
- 2 English seedless cucumbers
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 cup dry bulgur
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- soak the bulgur wheat in water for at least 1 hour, and add more water as needed (make sure the water is covering the grains, as they will soak up moisture).
- When bulgur is ready, drain well and put in salad bowl.
- Finely chop parsley, add to bowl.
- Chop cucumbers, remove seeds from tomato and chop finely.
- Chop the green onion finely.
- Add all the ingredients to the salad bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Roast pine nuts over frying pan, and sprinkle on top of salad.
- Add fresh mint, optional.