The great Middle Eastern standby which is easy to make for potlucks, picnics...anything. The amounts of bulgur, tomato and parsley are highly debatable. I prefer not to use mint but that's just me. Pick the tastiest tomatoes you can find - this is not a recipe for insipid supermarket tomatoes. Ditto for the olive oil.
- Pour the boiling water into a bowl with the bulgur.
- Let stand until fully absorbed.
- Chop up the parsley until fine.
- Ditto for the tomato.
- Feel free to use more as you cannot use too much!
- Add the other ingredients in amounts as per your own taste- these amounts are just a guide.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve in a salad bowl lined with crisp lettuce leaves for a pretty effect.
Very good tabbouleh. I was pleased with this, my first time making my own! I reduced the oil and mint, but I think these are all good basic measurements. With veggies straight from the farmer's market. Thanks for posting!