- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup Bulgar wheat (I prefer Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 2 scallions, green only,slice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil a saucepan.
- Stir in bulgur and remove from heat; cover and let stand until water is absorbed (20-25 minutes).
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl- add bulgur and toss until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- NOTE: I also like fresh mint in my tabbouleh- 3 or 4 T is nice.
- It also makes a lovely garnish for this salad if serving buffet style.