Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A flavorful Lebanese salad full of grains and herbs. Serve with pita breads and other Middle Eastern dishes of your choice.
- Mix the bulgur with the hot water and let stand 1 hour.
- Pound the grated onion into the bulgur with a pestle into the soaked bulgur.
- Mix the parsley, tomatoes, and mint into the bulgur.
- Stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over the parsley mixture, mixing well; chill tabbouleh.
- To serve, place tabbouleh on a large platter surrounded by lettuce leaves; scoop up tabbouleh with lettuce and eat with the hands.
I've had Tabbouleh in the past, but was never sure how to make it. I liked the simplicity of this recipe, but instead of soaking the bulgur wheat, I followed the packet instructions and boiled for 10 minutes. Also, I had trouble finding fresh mint in the shops, so substituted coriander/cilantro, which gave it the taste I remember. Wonderful.