Recipe by KaffirLime
This recipe came from my previous housekeeper and it is amazing! She was very very particular about her parsley for this dish and I ate it almost everyday! Tender Italian parsley is BEST for this dish.
- 1 kg fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 kg fresh coriander or 1⁄2 kg fresh cilantro
- 400 g mint leaves
- 5 stalks spring onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (adjust according to taste)
- white pepper
- 3 tablespoons bulgur wheat
Directions See How It's Made
- (Soak Bulgar wheat first, but add last).
- Soak the Bulgar wheat in water for about 20 minutes Squeeze out all the water after and set aside as this is to add last.
- Chop the Italian parsley fine and set aside.
- Chop the Coriander fine and set aside.
- Chop the Mint leaves fine and set aside.
- Chop the Spring Onions fine and set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 large tbsp of lemon juice with 2 tsp cinnamon powder. Add all chopped ingredients and mix in olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. When everything is mixed well, add in soaked Bulgar wheat and give it another toss. Serve.