Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This light, healthy salad can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as part of a meal.
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat, medium grain
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh parsley, loosely packed, roughly chopped (1-2 bunches)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup green onions with top, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mint leaf, loosely packed, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Soak the bulgur in cold water for 1 1/2 hours then drain and squeeze well. Allow bulgur to air dry.
- To prepare dressing, in a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together parsley, tomatoes, green onions and mint. Add bulgur. Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with pita wedges or scoop up with lettuce leaves.
- If making ahead, wait until serving to add tomatoes. As an alternative, you can also add chopped cucumber.