Recipe by MathMom.calif
Tabbouleh Libanaise. An authentic recipe for tabouli salad found on a Lebanese website (DownTownBeirut.com). Authentic tabouli is mostly parsley with very little bulgur at all.
- 59.14 ml bulgur, uncooked (fine cracked wheat)
- 473.18 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 453.59 g firm tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- crisp lettuce leaves or fresh cabbage leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- When I make this, I find that I can reduce the salt, lemon juice, and oil quite a bit, but I've posted the original ingredients list above for you to modify as desired.
- Wash chopped mint and parsley and then drain well.
- Wash the bulgur several times and drain.
- Soak the washed bulgur in the chopped tomatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Rub the chopped onion with salt.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice and toss the mixture well.
- Serve with crisp lettuce leaves or fresh cabbage leaves, for scooping up the salad.