1/1 Photo of Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh Libanaise. An authentic recipe for tabouli salad found on a Lebanese website (DownTownBeirut.com). Authentic tabouli is mostly parsley with very little bulgur at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup bulgur, uncooked (fine cracked wheat)
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb firm tomato, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- crisp lettuce leaves or fresh cabbage leaf
- 1When I make this, I find that I can reduce the salt, lemon juice, and oil quite a bit, but I've posted the original ingredients list above for you to modify as desired.
- 2Wash chopped mint and parsley and then drain well.
- 3Wash the bulgur several times and drain.
- 4Soak the washed bulgur in the chopped tomatoes for about 20 minutes.
- 5Rub the chopped onion with salt.
- 6Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice and toss the mixture well.
- 7Serve with crisp lettuce leaves or fresh cabbage leaves, for scooping up the salad.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabbouleh
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g