Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A spicy chicken recipe taken from the "Wonderful Ways to Prepare Chicken" cookbook.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Rub each piece of chicken with a little Tabasco sauce.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Saute the onion, celery, parsley, chives, garlic, green pepper, salt and pepper for five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, water and 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
- Mix well.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Not bad. First try here. I've added a bit of chicken stock to 'sweeten' and enhance the taste or else it's a little sour. But it's great overall! :)