Recipe by KosherCook
Found this recipe on about.com. It's a great little cookie recipe and they taste amazing with tea. I add a little Raw Sugar or rock sugar to the tops of the cookies with water before baking, but it isn't mentioned in the recipe.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Lovely simple cookie! I didn't use sugar on top but followed the recipe exactly. Used gluten free flour and it worked perfectly. Will definitely make them again!
Made for P-A-R-T-Y tag game December 2010.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Crisco or 1 tablespoon margarine, at room temperature
- 1 full cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 -5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and margarine until foamy.
- Add sugar slowly while beating. Add oil, lemon and vanilla while beating.
- Add baking powder to 2 cups of flour, and add the flour to the batter gradually (1/2 cup at a time).
- When the dough holds together in a soft ball, you have added enough flour. Cover the bowl full of dough, and refrigerate for an hour.
- To form a cookie, roll out a little dough at a time, roll into a log, and fold into a ribbon shaped cookie.
- Place cookies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 15-20 minutes, or longer if you like them brown.