Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on about.com. It's a great little cookie recipe and they taste amazing with tea. I add a little Raw Sugar or rock sugar to the tops of the cookies with water before baking, but it isn't mentioned in the recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Crisco or 1 tablespoon margarine, at room temperature
- 1 full cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 -5 cups flour
- Beat eggs and margarine until foamy.
- Add sugar slowly while beating. Add oil, lemon and vanilla while beating.
- Add baking powder to 2 cups of flour, and add the flour to the batter gradually (1/2 cup at a time).
- When the dough holds together in a soft ball, you have added enough flour. Cover the bowl full of dough, and refrigerate for an hour.
- To form a cookie, roll out a little dough at a time, roll into a log, and fold into a ribbon shaped cookie.
- Place cookies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 15-20 minutes, or longer if you like them brown.
Lovely simple cookie! I didn't use sugar on top but followed the recipe exactly. Used gluten free flour and it worked perfectly. Will definitely make them again!
Made for P-A-R-T-Y tag game December 2010.