Rob Klapwyk's Note:
Dutch biscuits made for Sinterklaas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put honey, water and anise seed into a small saucepan and gently bring to a boil.
- 2Add golden syrup to honey and stir to combine.
- 3Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 4Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and add spices, salt and baking powder.
- 5Add cooled honey mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until almost combined.
- 6Use hands to bring mixture together, and gently knead to a firm dough.
- 7Spread onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 325F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cool and cut into 2 inch square pieces.
Nutritional Facts for Taai Taai Sinterklaas Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1041 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g