Recipe by CindiJ
My dad came home from work (he was a mechanic w/TWA) with this recipe...thus it's name. This is how we've enjoyed spaghetti for over 50 years! This is so easy to make, why bother with store bought? Feel free to adjust seasonings to your own tastes.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Good Golly Miss CindiJ!!!! This is some AWESOME sauce! I put this on meatballs Recipe #128840 and stuffed shells. Delicious! We really enjoyed this! Especially the leftovers! :) Thank you Cindi! I will use this recipe often. Made for 2009 Spring PAC
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed & diced
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot pour oil over to coat bottom.Add onion & garlic; stir and cook 5 minutes until golden. Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Add 3 cans of water to each can of paste. Add seasonings; reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 2 hours; stirring often.
- Add meatballs, sausages or crumbled meat to sauce for added depth of flavor. I add my meatballs in the final stage and let them simmer for the full 2 hours.