Recipe by Leopard Apron
Just what is a pimiento? A large, red, heart-shaped sweet pepper! This is a rich, flavorful spread that keeps well. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 8 ounces white extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients except cheddar cheeses. Blend well and add shredded cheeses.
- Cover and chill, removing from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of bright red paprika and serve with good crackers, baquette slices or vegetable spears.