Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband was in Okinawa, Japan for two years and he lived on Taco, Rice, and Cheese. This is our version of the recipe. My husband likes to eat it with ketchup, I like it with hot sauce and sour cream. For a spicier version, try spanish rice instead of white. Hope you enjoy!!!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- ketchup (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Brown beef in skillet. Add taco seasoning mix according to package's directions.
- Serve seasoned beef over rice. Top with cheese.
- Ketchup, hot sauce, sour cream optional toppings.
- Leftovers taste delicious over nachos!
this was really good.it was easy for me to make,and i need that because i am a beginner cook
I use to live in Okinawa and LOVED to eat TRC!!! When I found this recipe on here I freaked out. I made it just like it said and it was perfect. I added some lettuce on top and it was great. I will make it again for sure!!! Thanks!