All you have to do is melt the butter and let the kid go to town making the buttons. To explain, I have sort of defatted it for our use. However here is the Taste Of Home version. It all started when I wanted some fudge and I can't make fudge worth a hoot. I used Peanut Butter extract instead of the real thing. As good as my version is, I am betting this one is better. Not going to be the most glorious thing you ever made, but I bet the kid will be proud of it. Note I added a drop of vanilla to mine.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan on top of the stove. Note the T.O.H recipe insists on only using butter.
- If using saucepan remove from the heat.
- Add cocoa and mix well. Stir in sugar. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto wax paper.
- Flatten tops and shape into 1-inch patties.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- note mine must be chilled to get the right texture but of course I just may be rushing things along.
- Also if it starts to get too thick you can add a bit more milk but do so carefully. It will cause problems with it setting up right. I would add by 1/8 teaspoons Stir see if it helps if not then add the next 1/8 [like adding liquid to baking mixtures] It will also help a child understand about adding.