Recipe by Dib's
A good copycat recipe I use in place of Campbell's broccoli and cheddar for my soup freak! Serve with Salad, hot bread or crackers.
Top Review by stacylu
Currently eating this for lunch. Very easy and very good. I added chicken chunks and real diced onions. Next time i think i'll add more broccoli though to get those 5 a day in. I've never had TGIF's soup but this is very good.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices process American cheese (like Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Chicken broth, water, half and half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes more or until broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Pour into a large soup bowl and offer cheese and parsley at the table.