1/2 Photos of T.G.I.F's Broccoli Cheese Soup
A good copycat recipe I use in place of Campbell's broccoli and cheddar for my soup freak! Serve with Salad, hot bread or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices process American cheese (like Kraft)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut to bite size pieces
- 1Combine Chicken broth, water, half and half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large soup pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer.
- 3Add broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes more or until broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- 4Pour into a large soup bowl and offer cheese and parsley at the table.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for T.G.I.F's Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 949.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.5 g