Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is a copycat recipe that I received via email.
Top Review by Catfuzz
Ok - so when my husband comes in to find out what I am cooking because "it smells soooo good", well that gets you 3 stars - automatically, but then you factor in the ease of the recipe and how much we both enjoyed it, it is an easy 5 star meal. I made very few variations, just roasted red peppers (jarred on hand) and added some smoked paprika - it was yummy!
For the Spicy Cajun Pasta Sauce
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut in large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced in large pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced in large pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 -3 tablespoon cornstarch (mix about a tablespoon with a couple table spoons cold water to form a slurry)
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
- 10 ounces fettuccine (cooked al dente)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cooked and sliced in strips
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare sauce: Heat oil in saute pan; add garlic; saute for 30 seconds; add onions and saute for 1 minute; add peppers and continue to saute for another minute. Deglaze with chicken stock and reduce to half. Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper; bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes.
- Thicken to consistency with cornstarch; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and heat through until hot.
- Arrange on serving dish and top with chicken breast. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.