Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a copycat recipe that I received via email.
Make and share this T.g.i. Friday's Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
For the Spicy Cajun Pasta Sauce
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut in large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced in large pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced in large pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 -3 tablespoon cornstarch (mix about a tablespoon with a couple table spoons cold water to form a slurry)
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
- 10 ounces fettuccine (cooked al dente)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cooked and sliced in strips
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Prepare sauce: Heat oil in saute pan; add garlic; saute for 30 seconds; add onions and saute for 1 minute; add peppers and continue to saute for another minute. Deglaze with chicken stock and reduce to half. Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper; bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes.
- Thicken to consistency with cornstarch; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and heat through until hot.
- Arrange on serving dish and top with chicken breast. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Ok - so when my husband comes in to find out what I am cooking because "it smells soooo good", well that gets you 3 stars - automatically, but then you factor in the ease of the recipe and how much we both enjoyed it, it is an easy 5 star meal. I made very few variations, just roasted red peppers (jarred on hand) and added some smoked paprika - it was yummy!
This is an older TGI Friday's recipe - they don't have this on their menu any longer, and I was excited to find it on here. This was on the menu when I worked there in college back in the mid-90's. I thought this was very similar to the original and while it didn't have quite the punch, it was very good and very easy.
Wow. I had the Spicy Cajun Chicken and Shrimp at Fridays last night and absolutely loved it. So I was excited to make it at home for my family tonight. This recipe is NOTHING like Fridays. It's not terrible but I was extremely disappointed. If you are looking for the Friday's experience in your own kitchen, look elsewhere.