I found this out on the web last year and have made it a couple of times. We love it on chicken or shrimp kabobs grilled outside. It's wonderful.
- To roast garlic--------------.
- Cut about 1/2” off the top of the garlic.
- Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat.
- Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together.
- Put garlic in a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and let it cool until you can handle it.
- For Glaze-------------.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture boils, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir.
- Squeeze out 2 t of roasted garlic and whisk to combine with pan mixture.
- Let simmer for 35-45 minutes or until sauce has reduced by 1/2 and is thick and syrupy.
- Make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- To use, grill meat until almost done, then use the glaze otherwise it will burn.