Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite salad at TGIF! i LOVE it! :D They serve it with grilled chicken so i'd just add it to the recipe!
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix chopped pecans with brown sugar and water and heat; set aside.
- Slice strawberries into 1/4-inch slices.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, sugar and water and coat strawberries; set aside.
- Chop red leaf and romaine lettuce into 2-inch pieces. Toss lettuce, Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinaigrette and Glazed Pecans.
- Strain strawberries from glaze and place on top of salad. Top with cracked pepper.